The project seeks to help reduce the global burden of limited access to water, affecting more than a billion people.
The Hippo Water Roller Project aims to reduce the number of people without adequate access to water by 1% = 10 million people.
- 42,000 Sponsored Hippo Rollers distributed to date
- 300,000 direct beneficiaries @ 7 members per household
- Distributed in South Africa and 20 other African countries
- 20 years of being proven in the field
- Significant international exposure
BLUE CHIP SPONSORS
MEDIA & ENDORSEMENTS
World News - 1996
CNN Correspondent: Mike Hannah
"With the financial assistance of others, there's now the real possibility that a burden carried for so long can be set aside forever."
Nelson Mandela, August 2000:
“A personal appeal is made to your organization to actively support a national project which will positively change the lives of millions of our fellow South Africans.”
We were privileged to meet former President and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Mr. Nelson Mandela on two occasions and to gain his endorsement and support for the Hippo roller.
The Hippo Water Roller IS THE ORIGINAL water roller invented in 1991 by two South Africans: Mr. Pettie Petzer and Johan Jonker.
Initially called the “Aqua Roller” the name was changed to “Hippo Water Roller” in 1993 to give it an “African flavour”. The association with water, round body and thick skin compares well to the famous African Hippopotamus.
The Hippo Water Roller is exclusively manufactured and distributed worldwide by Imvubu Projects, a Social Enterprise - trading as The Hippo Water Roller Project.
"To improve access to clean water for rural and impoverished households by means of appropriate technologies including the Hippo Water Roller, consequently improving their quality of life and economic prospects."
Hippo Water Roller Presentation Format: PDF | Size: 3.0 MB | Date: 2013
WILL YOUR ORGANISATION HELP?
Why should millions of women and children struggle to get water to their homes every single day of their lives?
Your involvement will improve access to water for those who struggle daily.
Help Take Us to the Next Level...
- Your support / sponsorship will make Hippo water rollers more affordable to end-users via trade and retailers.
- Partial subsidy distribution and increased volumes will allow us to reduce the unit price.
CORPORATE SOCIAL INVESTMENT
The Hippo Water Roller provides an innovative marketing opportunity in the rural areas and good ROI.
- Responsible social investment (CSI)
- Extensive Public Relations (PR)
- Partner with us and sponsor your own community
- Branding of the units in the sponsor's colours
- Great mobile exposure for your brand
- Positive association in the rural areas by resolving such an important need in the community
- Trade & Retail linked incentive programs for your brand
- Annual campaigns that extend free units to other communities in the province
- In Support of the 67 minutes of Community Upliftment drive for International Mandela Day.
- Short URL: hipporoller.org/6767
Sponsor the Rooigrond Community
- The Rooigrond informal settlement area is in the North-West province in South Africa.
- PART Sponsorship options available from as little as +/- R200 or $25.
- Go to: http://www.hipporoller.org/shop/sponsor/product/33-sponsor-the-rooigrond-community
|General:||Grant Gibbs||+27 82 447 1848||
Imvubu Projects cc (trading as)
|Sales:||Laura Rigby||+27 82 820 0258|
|Promotions & PR:||Digby Wesson||+27 83 449 5589|
|Promotions & PR:||Margie-May Rigby||+27 83 458 5959|