The Hippo Water Roller Project won the Frost & Sullivan “2016 African Rural Portable Water Solutions Product Leadership Award” The award was presented to Grant Gibbs, Executive Director, at a prestigious ceremony at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town on 18 August 2016.
The Hippo Water Roller Project receives this award with much appreciation and is greatly encouraged to continue its growth as a sustainable initiative helping communities improve access to water.
“The Hippo Water Roller Project is a sustainable initiative that provides African communities with an immediate and winning water and sanitation solution.” – Frost & Sullivan
Excerpts from the Frost & Sullivan report:
- Endorsed by the United Nations World Food Programme, the Hippo Water Roller is a distinctive portable water solution that alleviates the daily struggle of rural communities by enabling them to transport water more easily and in less time than with traditional methods.
- By procuring sponsorships and donor funding, and through strategic partnerships with non-governmental organisations (NGOs), the Hippo Water Roller Project is a for-profit business that has implemented a business model that facilitates the distribution of the product to various rural communities across Africa, while addressing the challenge of end-user affordability.
- Through this world-class service solution, Frost & Sullivan firmly believes that the Hippo Water Roller Project is set to reduce the suffering associated with water scarcity and lack of sanitation, while making positive strides to improve lives across Africa.
- Since the establishment of the Hippo Water Roller Project in 1994, the company has continued to provide an appropriate portable water solution for economically poor communities across Africa.
- Leveraging its relationships with sponsors, corporate partners, and NGOs, the Hippo Water Roller Project has established itself as a sustainable initiative that provides African communities with an immediate and winning water and sanitation solution.
- The value of this product for the end user is further enhanced with the addition of features that enable poverty alleviation, such as the Hippo Spaza and Hippo Utility Cap.
- With its strong overall performance, The Hippo Water Roller Project has earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2016 Product Leadership Award for its rural portable water solution, the Hippo Water Roller.